Buckert Patent & Trademark Law Firm works with businesses and entrepreneurs to help them register their trademarks and protect their brands. The firm has extensive knowledge of trademark law and procedures and will work with you to register your trademarks, service marks, and slogans.
We provide the following trademark services:
- Performing a Federal trademark search of registered and pending applications to determine a probability of obtaining a trademark registration, and to identify infringement issues with third party marks
- Preparing the description of good or services for the mark
- Working with you to obtain an appropriate specimen of use
- Preparing and filing your trademark application
- Responding to questions from the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Responding to routine Office Actions from the USPTO
- Tracking deadlines and extension periods
- Keeping you informed regarding the status of your application
We utilize the Buckert ISGF process, which means that we only file trademark applications with a relatively high likelihood of success. This prevents our clients from wasting their time and money and has allowed the firm to achieve over a 90% trademark approval success rate.
The Buckert ISGF process includes:
- I – We interview the prospect to thoroughly understand their trademark needs and to build a relationship with them
- S – We utilize proven search strategies to confirm the likelihood of obtaining trademark protection, prior to filing a federal trademark application
- G – We provide guidance to clients on how to maximum the likelihood of obtaining trademark protection
- F – We file a U.S. patent application with the USPTO
When you hire Buckert Patent & Trademark Law Firm, you will not be charged for every phone call and piece of paper processed by this office. You will be billed one flat fee for the Federal trademark search, and one flat fee for the preparing and filing the trademark application. In most situations the only other fees you will be billed are the government filing fees charged by the USPTO.
Sometimes matters outside the above services do arise. These include responding to substantive office actions which require multi-page responses, preparing and filing a Statement of Use, responding to third party oppositions, and filing appeals with the trademark trial and appeal board. Prior to incurring any additional fees for these types of services we will discuss your options with you and let you know the costs involved.
Our expertise and experience allow us to efficiently and skillfully obtain the trademark protection to which our clients are entitled. As a result, we also give clients the peace of mind that competitors cannot copy their trademarks or logos and cause harm to their reputation.