John F. Buckert
- John has been practicing Intellectual Property law for over 22 years and founded the law firm in 2012. He is a registered patent attorney and an experienced electrical engineer and software engineer. He previously practiced law at a large full-service law firm, a large IP Boutique firm, and, at Fortune 100 company as an in-house Intellectual Property law attorney.
- His current practice primarily includes obtaining Intellectual Property rights in the U.S. utilizing patents, trademark registrations, and copyright registrations. His technical areas of expertise include electrical, computer, software, electromechanical, and mechanical arts.
- He has successfully drafted and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications and hundreds of trademark applications. He has a patent allowance rate of over 90% and a trademark allowance rate of over 90%.
- Prior to his legal career, he was an electrical and software engineer working in the automotive industry. He designed and implemented numerous software systems. He also designed and built electronic test systems for testing automotive components including RF keyless entry transmitters and receivers and vehicle subsystem controllers.
- J.D., University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Cum Laude – Detroit, Michigan
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Bradley University- Peoria, Illinois
- SaeJong School- Beverly Hills, Michigan
- Justice Frank Murphy Honor Society Recipient
- Rotary Paul Harris Fellow
- DBusiness Top Lawyer
- Patexia Top 25 best performing patent law firm
Contact Us Now
- Admitted to practice in the State of Michigan
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Member of the Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member of the Rochester Bar Association